Technology Foundations is a semester course designed as the
beginning high school course in technology education. Students acquire a foundational knowledge in technological material,
energy and information and apply processes associated with the technological thinker. Students learn in a modular environment
that is self taught at the students own pace. Students may take up to four semesters of this course.
Module Rotation Grades (Pretest, Workbook, Post Test, Report)
(Daily Warm-up Activities, Notes, Vocabulary Terms, Vocabulary
(All of the student work for the entire semester will be
placed into an electronic portfolio. The portfolio will be stored in a teched folder on the students network S: drive.
9 Weeks Test:
Powhatan County Public Schools requires that a 9 weeks test
be given instead of a semester exam.
A = 95-100
B = 88-94
C = 80-87
D = 75-79
F = 74 and below
School Make up Work Policy:
Students shall be responsible for making up work missed while absent.
Students should request their assignments on the day of their return to school. All assignments are posted on the course website
listed above. They will be given at least the same number of days to make up work as the number of days missed during the
period of absence. The Principal in cases such as extended illness may grant exceptions. The Principal will inform me of any
All assignments should be turned in by the end of class on the date due.
Late Assignments will lose points 5 points a class.
Materials & Supplies:
- Headphones (Bring your own If you want to use them, Don’t
forget to take them with you after class)
- 3 ring binder for modern technology.
Generic Class Rules:
- Respect others.
- Take care of your school.
- Be polite and helpful.
- Keep the room clean.
1. No FOOD or DRINK Allowed in the Modern Technology Lab!
2. Adjust your voice level to
suit the activity.
3. Headphones should be used at
- Neatness Counts: All papers turned into Mr. LaMotte should
be neatly completed.
- Use your time wisely.
- Use your student planner to keep track of assignments due
- The course website is a useful tool that can answer most
- Save computer work frequently to your
Beginning of Class Procedures:
- Have all appropriate materials
and supplies at your table and be seated before the bell rings.
- BLOCK A: Moment of Silence & Pledge of Allegiance (Be
- School Announcements
- Begin warm up assignment/activity
Ask for permission.
Fill out your Student Planner
Sign out (Only go to the destination listed)
When you return sign back in.
- Login to the 1038 Computers.
- Students are expected to follow
the Powhatan County Public Schools Computer Use Policy. Failure to do so can result in loss of computer privileges. Computers
are for educational use only!!! NO GAMES, SURFING, VIDEO ECT…
- Save all of your work for this
class in the teched folder of your personal network drive S: drive
- Close all open programs.
- Log off of your account
- All students Must wear safety glasses in the workshop
- No more than 3 students in the workshop at a time.
- All Students Must pass a safety test.
Turning in Assignments:
- Check for your Name, Date, Block
- Check your work
- Place completed assignment in the Assignment turn in box
- DO NOT LEAVE PAPERS
ON MY DESK!!!
End of Class:
- Log off your computer
- Clean up your work area.
- Before you leave push your chairs underneath the desk.
must remain at their assigned seats until the dismissed by the teacher.